Monday, March 2, 2009

Project Spectrum

PS-Green Mosaic 1-sm

Project Spectrum 4 officially started today (well, yesterday, as it is now after midnight). I've never participated in PS before, but I'm looking forward to it. The theme for this incarnation of PS is Cardinal Directions. (You can read more about it on Lolly's blog.) The first direction is north, which is associated with the season of winter and the color green. Those things do not go together in my mind, so I'm using these elements to try and stretch my mind a bit.

The "rules" for PS are pretty loose...they're more guidelines than they are hard and fast rules. That was a little disconcerting to me at first, but now I'm starting to warm to it. I'm free to explore the themes however feels right to me. My goal is to try and do something related to the theme every day throughout PS, even if it is something small. For the first day, I decided to put together this "green" mosaic. The first 11 pictures are my own, while the last 5 are random ones I pulled from Flickr. I'll probably do several mosaics, just because I love the medium of photography. Future ones will probably be more deliberate than these random photos, but I figured using photos I already had on hand was a good place to start. So, we begin...north, green, winter...  

~~~~~~~~~

By the way, I'm happy to report that my cold from last week never got too far off the ground. That's the second germy bullet I've dodged this winter (knock on wood). I'm crediting my recent health binge (three months now of regular gym activity and eating healthier) and my quick intake of zinc and echinacea at the first sign of a cold for boosting my immune system. 

And speaking of my three months at the gym, this Tuesday will mark 14 weeks of kickboxing, martial arts and eating better, and my weight loss is now down to 25 pounds! I was quietly freaking for a bit because it seemed to have stopped, but it picked up again. I guess that's how it is going to be. If I can remember that, I'll be all right. What's very cool is that, while my clothes have been getting looser over the weeks, I finally got to a point last week where I could not wear my old jeans anymore. They were literally falling off me, and I was constantly hiking them up and looked like a dork. So I went shopping, and guess what? I'm now wearing jeans three sizes smaller than the ones I was wearing back in November when I first started this whole crazy kickboxing adventure! Dude! How cool is that? Color me happy! :) 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely mosaic! And congrats on your gym results (said I, feeling a little pudgy at the moment....)!

Lolly said...

I am so glad you are doing Project Spectrum this year! Lovely mosaic and a great way to get the creativity flowing. And big congrats on the success with your new health regimen. That is fantastic!

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Congrats on the jeans; that is so cool!