Monday, November 3, 2008

Passing time...

Listening to the Steeler game from the other room...trying not to obsess about the election tomorrow...perfect time for quizzes!

First, the best thing about me! ;)

Your result for The Best Thing About You Test...

Passion

Hot! Passion is your greatest virtue

Passion is an intense emotion that compels feeling, enthusiasm, or desire for anything, and that often requires action. Get that? Requires action. It's very likely you submit to your deepest needs and live life with a flair few others achieve, but many envy. All 7 virtues are a part of you, but your passion runs deepest.

Passionate types: artists, writers, composers, athletes, and heroine addicts.

Your raw relative scores follow. 0% is low, and 100% is perfect, nearly impossible. Note that I pitted the virtues against each other, so in some way these are relative scores. It's impossible to score high on all of them, and a low score on one is just relatively low compared to the other virtues.

YOUR VIRTUES

50% Compassion

56% Intelligence

38% Humility

56% Honesty

25% Discipline

14% Courage

58% Passion

Take The Best Thing About You Test at HelloQuizzy

This is pretty accurate for me, I think. I'm definitely a passionate person...not just "romance" passionate, but passionate about the things important to me in my life. I don't do much of anything just a little bit. LOL I'm either all in, or I don't bother. And when I find that I don't want to be all in, I know it's time to move on. I think it's pretty cool that my other highest scoring areas are intelligence, compassion and honesty, as I definitely value all of those things in myself as well as other people. 

And now, am I a nerd, geek or dork? (Do I really want to know? LOL)

Your result for The Nerd? Geek? or Dork? Test...

Modern, Cool Nerd

65 % Nerd, 70% Geek, 30% Dork


For The Record:


A Nerd is someone who is passionate about learning/being smart/academia.

A Geek is someone who is passionate about some particular area or subject, often an obscure or difficult one.

A Dork is someone who has difficulty with common social expectations/interactions.


You scored better than half in Nerd and Geek, earning you the title of: Modern, Cool Nerd.

Nerds didn't use to be cool, but in the 90's that all changed. It used to be that, if you were a computer expert, you had to wear plaid or a pocket protector or suspenders or something that announced to the world that you couldn't quite fit in. Not anymore. Now, the intelligent and geeky have eked out for themselves a modicum of respect at the very least, and "geek is chic." The Modern, Cool Nerd is intelligent, knowledgable and always the person to call in a crisis (needing computer advice/an arcane bit of trivia knowledge). They are the one you want as your lifeline in Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (or the one up there, winning the million bucks)!

Congratulations!

Take The Nerd? Geek? or Dork? Test at HelloQuizzy

Not sure I really agree with this one...actually, I do think I'm more a geek than a nerd, and I seem to have scored higher as a geek, but they're still classifying me as a nerd. That makes no sense to me. Hm.

(BTW, found both of these quizzes referenced on And She Knits, Too!)

No comments: