Friday, October 10, 2008

Surviving the week...

I was checking my friends' Facebook statuses earlier this evening and saw that my husband changed his today to "Kevin is surviving the week." I thought that seemed a little glass-half-empty, but he has had a crazy week at work. Big meetings with big people. I guess it is good that he is surviving!

I, on the other hand, have not had big meetings with big people. I have just had a pretty normal week. We've done school. I've knitted. I've cooked. I've tried to keep my family in clean clothes. Aside from Monday being a somewhat rough school day (we have those occasionally), it's been a fairly non-descript week. No major drama. (Man, I always feel like I'm tempting fate when I say that.) And tomorrow is Friday. The kids have a youth group overnight at the church, and then Saturday I will have a the day to myself. The only thing missing from this coming weekend is a Steelers game, but its their by-week, and with all the injuries they've had lately, they need it, so I can hardly begrudge them the week off. 

I finished the blue/green tweed sweater I've been working on for the past few weeks. It knit up pretty fast, really, and I mostly like it. (Talking about glass-half-empty, I realized recently that I consider knitting projects successes if my gut reaction to them is, "I don't hate it.") It's a little tighter than I hoped for, but I think a little blocking will help with that. I'll post a picture soon. Hopefully. 

(Just a digression here...me and pictures? I've got 'em, but to put them up when I'm blogging on the MacBook is just pain in the ass. First I have to get them from my desk top to the lap top, then I have to get the lap top to let me put them where I want them in the blog posts, and that is really the biggest pain of it all. I wish I knew why. It shouldn't be this hard!)

Now that the sweater is done, my main focus for the rest of the month should be socks, in honor of Socktoberfest. I started the Mystery Socks that Kirsten from Through the Loops is offering...that's been fun (though Week 1's clue knit up way faster than Week 2's is going to!). I do need to catch up on an afghan square, and I still have my February Lady Sweater languishing with its sleeve issues. So. Those will be my focii for the rest of October. At least that's the plan. Subject to change without notice, 'cause lemme tell ya, I've been having compelling bouts of castonitis lately. :::sigh:::

Oh, and tomorrow morning is knit group...I've missed the last two, so I'm planning on going tomorrow just so I don't appear to be completely anti-social! LOL

1 comment:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Having a bit of castonitis here, too! Maybe it's the change in weather.

What are your sleeve issues with the FLS?