Sunday, June 22, 2008

:::Deep, contented sigh:::

It is 11:22 p.m. on a Sunday night. Everyone else is in bed. The dog is asleep on the couch.

I sit here, in my comfy chair, feeling the cool breeze come in through the windows to my left. The only sounds I hear are a soft rain coming down and the occasional roll of distant thunder.

It has been a good weekend. Yesterday was full of good, good music, which always feeds my soul. Today was a day of rest. Nothing pressing. A lot of being.

And now I have this quiet, peaceful time of night all to myself. It is magic. I treasure it. What to do with it? I catch up on some blog reading, finding some new ones along the way. I have a good book I could switch to if I choose. I have not one but two knitting projects that I am thoroughly enjoying at the moment. Either or both of those may get my attention before the night is through.

I am deeply contented right now. The kind of contented that I cannot fully appreciate unless I've recently been frustrated or sad or upset. Moments like these tempt me to wish they'd happen more often, but I think part of their magic is that they are special because they are rare. 

So I will treasure this moment, thankful to be cognizant of it, describe it here in the words I have, and then be content to live it in its simplicity for however long it is destined to last. 

No comments: