Sunday, March 14, 2010

Life has been busy...

...and it is totally inconceivable to me that it is already mid-March! As my friend Gina observed tonight on my Facebook page, I always seem to be traveling lately. Indeed, I seem to be in a season of road trips. Scranton (for a kickboxing match) a few weeks ago, Columbus (for the Arnold Sport's Festival) last weekend (seems like so much longer ago than that!) and Chattanooga (for a Disaster Response Training) this past week. Thankfully, I have no more travel plans in the near future until late April when I head off to St. Louis for Spring Fling. I'm looking forward to being home for a while! I need to get back into a normal routine.

In the midst of all the travel, I have been knitting. A couple finished objects for your viewing pleasure...

These are my Socktoberfest Mystery Socks from last October, which I finally finished during Ravelympics, one of my WIP projects. Sorry, it's not a great photo, but I was trying to show how pretty they are from both the front and the side. The pattern was from Kirsten Kapur, and the yarn is Schaefer Nichole.

This is one of my Waterfall socks. They were my February KAL project for the Spring Fling group, the focus of which was Wendy Johnson patterns. I did get both socks done by the end of February, but this is the only good picture I got, so just image a second one that looks just like this one. And I'll point out that I just got the second one done! It wouldn't have been a big deal had I not made the Feb. 28th deadline, but I felt a little crazy that day and opted to see if I could knit an entire sock in a day. And I did! I literally bound off that puppy at 11:50 p.m. A sock in 10 hours. Definitely a new record for me, and not one I'm feeling the need to repeat (let alone break) anytime soon! My hands were dead by the time I was done. LOL Anyway, as I said, it is a Wendy pattern (free!), and the yarn was Araucania Itata...really lovely yarn!

The other evening, I finished a scarf I was test knitting for Cosy. It needs to be soaked and blocked and then I'll put a picture up of it. It was for her Marian Seaman Scarf (which she does have posted on her blog and on Ravelry, but has not yet released the pattern), and it was a really fun project that moved along quickly.

My current knitting focus is the March KAL project for the Fling group. It needed to be a Jared Flood pattern, so I chose the Hemlock Ring blanket, which I'm knitting out of some stashed Queensland Kathmandu Aran in a nice, natural, tweedy color. I'm in the feather-and-fan part now, but oh my gosh, it gave me fits up to that point. At one point I had to rip out 20 rounds because I'd gotten it so messed up! But it's going along swimmingly now, so I'm not feeling frustrated with it anymore. ;)

Pictures forthcoming for Marian and Hemlock!

No comments: