Monday, May 19, 2008

Weekend recap...

...the job est fini. Saturday was a crazy day, though at the end of it, it seemed like a giant blur. I think we all spent as much time eating cookies and celebrating the finale as we did helping customers. If felt so weird to not have to do the things we usually do, like tidying up the shelves and bringing out back stock to replace what was sold. Pat provided champagne and other goodies for a lovely little party after we locked the door at the end of the day, then we sat around for another hour listening to Bonnie's stories that have come from 19 years in the yarn-selling business. A really fun time! It's hard to believe I was a part of that shop family for only a bit over a year...they are all really special people.

...yarn has taken over my office. Honestly...I brought home MORE on the last day, and I have no more bins...no more places to put more bins even if I had them. So I'm going to have to get creative in storing it all. I probably won't have time to mess with it before I leave, but after I get back from Florida next week, I'll be doing some heavy-duty office reorganizing.

...I still cannot find the surface of my dining room table. I keep trying, but the piles do not want to be subdued.

...on the up side, my bedroom is still relatively clutter-free after last week's declutter-fest! Woohoo!

...there is one particular customer service rep at Sallie Mae who was the most belligerent person I've ever had the misfortune to have to deal with on the phone. Not only was she rude and snippy, but she freakin' outright lied to me. Would like to jab her in the eyeball with a knitting needle. Grrrrr.

...the grandson was over yesterday. His latest thing is telling everyone they have "a fat bootie." Except the dog, which he said had "a fuzzy bootie." Should a three-year-old really know what a "bootie" is??? LOL

No comments: