Saturday, February 2, 2008

Total Eclipse of the Moon...

Looking for something to liven up your February nights? Well, guess what? Yes! A total eclipse of the moon will be coming to a sky near you the evenings of February 20 and 21! Conditions cooperating, we in the northern hemisphere should have a great view of it. Here in the eastern time zone, the moon will dip behind the earth's shadow between 10:00 and 10:52 p.m. on the 20th. The full eclipse schedule can be found here, if you're interested (and, really, who wouldn't be? ;))

I will be viewing the eclipse from South Carolina, as we'll be heading down that day for my son's Marine Boot Camp family and and graduation the following two days. So, here's hoping SC has clear skies that night!

And speaking of the moon...I am tickled about that little moon phase module over there in the right hand margin! Just found that this evening. As my friends know, I can be a little (ahem) obsessive about the moon, so when I find these kinds of little bloggy-toys, it just makes me so happy! ;) (Just click the link above and get your own, customizable moon phase module for you blog! Go on...you know you want to... ;))

No comments: