So sorry for the horrible lighting in this episode! Between needing to have my ceiling light on and my unforunate choice of a hot pink shirt (never! again!), the colors in this episode are quite off at some parts. Blargh. :(
Thank you to everyone who introduced themselves in the Ravelry group this week! We've over 200 members now, and to celebrate that, I did a couple of random drawings. Wombatknitter and flangel813 will both be receiving a little something direct from my stash!
ON THE NEEDLES:
- Moody Blues Socks, from my hand-dyed yarn.
- Plain Vanilla March YOSS sock; Keegan Lanes Yarn, Shamrockin' colorway.
- Beret de Printemps, pattern by Jeni Chase; Malabrigo Silky Merino, Archangel colorway.
- I got nuthin'.
- No spinning, but I dyed some roving and several skeins of self-striping worsted weight. Still testing out colorways for the shop! Shared some swatches of how they might knit up.
- Planning outlines for upcoming classes I'll be teaching at a LYS, Stormy Blue, this month and next.
- Beret de Printemps mess...I should NOT knit lace while watching TV, no matter how simple the chart seems.
- Namaste Buddy Case - what do you use yours for?
- Knitter's Review e-newsletter and web site, specifically the events calendar. Events I'm hoping to get to this spring:
- Homespun Yarn Party, Savage, MD, March 27
- Spring Fling, St. Louis, April 28 - May 1
- Maryland Sheep & Wool - Howard County Fair Grounds, MD; May 7 & 8
- Waynesburg Sheep & Fiber Festival, Waynesburg, PA; May 21 & 22
- Great Lakes Fiber Show, Wayne County Fair Grounds, Wooster, OH; May 28 & 29
- Stash enhancement - I fell down with a large Rios purchase from TLE's update last Monday. Also received a lovely skein of Wollmeise in the mail in a swap, and I won a TLE gift certificate as well as a skein of Bugga in Blue Lobster from the Spring Fling Feb. KAL.
- This week's Ravelry group Quickie KAL pattern is the Mitered Leaf Shamrock, by Vickie Howell. Great way to knit a little something for St. Patrick's Day next week and use up some leftovers in the process!