The big announcement this week is that the Fibernymph Dye Works Etsy shop will open on Friday, between noon and 2:00 p.m. eastern. Hope you stop by! You can sign up for the FDW Update Newsletter on the new blog. (I'm still updating the old blog too, but we'll be completely switched over in the new few weeks.)
ON THE NEEDLES:
- March YOSS plain vanilla in Shamrockin' colorway of Big Footie, Keegan Lane Yarns.
- Pedestrian Crossing Cowl, pattern by Melissa Tuttle Sibley; Malabrigo Rios, Indecitia colorway.
- Finished spinning the BFL/Silk in Juniper colorway from Dyeabolical Yarns.
- Re-started spinning the camel down I started a couple years ago from Anne Tullett's Luxury Natural Fibers.
- Dyed a lot of self-striping sock yarn and variegated light fingering; also sewed up our first batch of bags.
- CraftSanity Magazine - available in PDF or hard copy
- Wendy Johnson's Japanese Garden Shawl. She's donating the profits from this pattern to the American Red Cross for relief efforts in Japan through the end of April. I'm offering a drawing for one copy of this pattern on the Rav group. Enter here.
- I will also be donating any profits I make from now through the end of April from my two patterns on Ravelry, Call Before Digging and Twisted & Twining to relief efforts in Japan through Mission to the World.
- This week's Quickie KAL will be Bunny Nuggets and/or Chubby Chirps, free patterns both from Rebecca Danger. Make either or make both and post pictures on the Rav thread to be entered in the monthly KAL drawing. First monthly KAL drawing will be on next week's episode.
- Going to the Homespun Yarn Party on Sunday in Savage, MD!
- I'm obsessed with Plants vs. Zombies on the iPad. Totally addictive!