Friday, February 26, 2010

I'm a WIPs Dancing medalist...

Finished Emma's Heather Hoodie last night, thus adding a new medal to my Ravelympics collection...


Really happy with how it turned out. I started it back in September, so the fact that she did not outgrow it before now is amazing. LOL When I first had her try it on last night, I was afraid maybe she had had a growth spurt, but I opted to give it a good blocking (something I rarely do with sweaters), and it opened up nicely.

I used Nashua Wooly Stripes, which is a lighter-weight yarn than what is called for in the pattern. But using US 10 1/2s, I got gauge and it made a nice drapey fabric. I used US9s for the button band to make it a little tighter so that it won't pull as much. I added some length to it, as my girlie is tall, and I made the armholes significantly larger than the pattern called for, or she'd have never been able to comfortably wear a shirt underneath it. I ended up with less than half a skein of yarn left, whew! Was afraid I might not make it.

And so...my medal...

With little over two days left in the Ravelympics, I'm planning to spend as much of my weekend knitting as I can. I want to finish my Socktoberfest mystery socks from last October. Nearly done with the first one. It's a pretty fast pattern, which leaves me wondering why on earth its taken me this many months to finish them in the first place. And because I can't leave things be, I'm thinking of maybe starting one other quick project to try and do before the torch goes out Sunday night. We'll see!

2 comments:

ms Givens said...

Very cute!

Enid said...

both the recipeient and project are gorgeous.
colours well chosen