Friday, July 3, 2009

Gloom, despair, agony...



Ok, maybe not despair and agony. I just like to make use of that line from the old Hee-Haw song whenever an opportunity presents itself! But gloom -- oh, we have gloom! Dreariness abounds! 

It is July 3rd. It has been raining off and on all day. It is currently 67 degrees. I am wearing my comfy-cozy sweat pants. 

I should not be wearing my comfy-cozy sweats pants on July 3rd! Not even in Pittsburgh!

The gloomy gray seems to be seeping into my mood. Despite accomplishing much in the line of household productivity both yesterday and earlier today, as well as spinning some lovely Briar Rose BFL and planning my TdF spinning projects, I'm actually feeling sorta blue this afternoon. What's up with that?

Ok, honestly, I do know what's up with that. Fiber is good for a lot of things, but it cannot completely take the crazy and the drama out of life, and there is a bit of both these going on in the background of my life right now. I'm trying not to dwell on them. I trying to remember to take deep, cleansing breaths to keep myself calm. I'm trying to remember to pray. I'm trying to remember that I do not have to have all the answers. I'm trying to remember that It Will Be OK. I'm trying.

:::breathe in::: :::breathe out:::

I'm ready for the sun to come out, literally and figuratively.  

No comments: