Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Not in the mood...

...to blog lately. Don't know what's with me. Just not feeling bloggy. I need blog breaks from time to time, so maybe this is a needed time of blog rest for me.

It's sure not been a time of knitting rest. Just finished a pair of socks for the oldest son. Started a new pair for me, but I'm having to pace myself because I'm teaching a friend to knit socks so I'm trying not to get too far ahead of her in order to demonstrate each step as it comes along. And I started a shrug for myself out of the most yummy, luxurious, sublime-feeling yarn, which is appropriately named "Sublime" (cashmere and silk and a hint of God, I believe). I'm not usually a shrug wearer, but I had a yen to try one, had a vision of what I wanted it to look like and how it will hopefully fit me perfectly. I only had about 900 yards of the yarn to work with, so a shrug seemed a most likely project. We'll see how it goes. I'm winging the pattern as I knit it.

I've also been reading a lot lately. Finished "Blue Like Jazz: Non-Religious Thoughts on Christian Spirituality" by Donald Miller a while back and loved it. Devoured "Take this Bread: A Radical Conversion," by Sara Miles, a wonderful, gritty spiritual memoir, and loved it too. Neither of these were light, fluffy reads, so reading was accompanied by much underlining and ruminating on the messages within. Am now reading "The Path of Celtic Prayer: An Ancient Way to Everyday Joy" by Calvin Miller (not related to the aforementioned Donald that I know of). Going through a discombobulated spiritual time as I've been recently, this book has been one of a few things that has crossed my path at the right time to bring my spiritual life back onto a calmer path. It's been good. More underlining, more ruminating. Have also been reading through the Psalms for the past week or so of Lent, as encouraged by a church I've attended a couple times now. I love the Psalms. I've been out of the habit of reading my Bible with any regularity lately, so this has been a good practice, one of familiarity and security and peace.

So, that's what I've been up to lately...how about you?

Have yourselves a happy vernal equinox tomorrow and hopeful Easter on Sunday, and whatever other holidays you might be celebrating at this time of year, may they be lovely and meaningful too. I'll be back eventually! Maybe even with pictures! Ooooo... ;)

No comments: