Friday, January 29, 2010

A day to wallow

Today I decided to give up on attempting to do anything responsible and productive. After what started as a pretty fantastic week, it ended with a pretty big slide into the abyss. On top of the sadness that continues to be Haiti, the economy, and other general whacked news, I'm missing my boys who went home to NC on Thursday, a friend's house burned down, another friend lost his job, and stupid, unwanted drama is rearing its ugly head in my world again far more than I'd like. Needless to say, my mood was not at an all-time high today.

Thus, I deemed today stay-in-my-jammies day, and that's what I did. (Actually, I showered around 3:30 this afternoon and then put my jammies right back on. It was THAT kind of day.) I spent the day largely on my arse, drinking coffee, knitting and watching stuff on the DVR. And of course there was plenty of laptop time. And I ordered pizza for dinner because it was not going to be a cooking day.

A day of slugdom and wallowing like this does wonders, it really does, because I'm feeling much better than I did earlier today. By tomorrow, barring anything unforeseen, I should be right as rain and back to my usual chipper self. At least, one can hope.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post- I had a similar day but was too chicken to post it. Focus on your gifts, and allow yourself the day to wallow. Here's wishing you a little sunshine, my gift to you from Florida.

Renee said...

I stayed home sick on friday and did about the same thing you did. :) I didn't feel better until today (sunday) and I do not feel ready to go back to work....... :(

Lisa B. said...

Thanks! One day off from the world was just what I needed, apparently. Felt much better on Saturday! :) Thanks for the sunshine, OutofEve, and I hope you feel all better soon, Renee!