Friday, August 15, 2008

Five Minute Friday: Fall...

Wow, I haven't done a FMF list in a long time! So it is fortuitous that today is Friday and I have a list topic in mind! Fall. I can't get fall off my mind lately. It happens every year around this time, but this long stretch of unseasonably cool days we've had have definitely put me in mind of September or October rather than August. I'm even wearing a pair of my hand-knit socks tonight, for goodness sake! It's a treat!

What other treats do I look forward to as the days get shorter? Here's my FMF list to explore just that...in no particular order...

1. Cooler temperatures! 
2. Colorful leaves.
3. Apple pies.
4. Canning an overflow of tomatoes (if they ever turn red this year!)
5. Knitting woolly things.
6. Wearing sweaters!
7. A return to the routine of the school year.
8. An end to reruns.
9. Firewood stacked on the back porch.
10. Starting to see the winter constellations.
11. Plans for a fall camping trip.
12. The smell of the cool fall air outside.
13. The smell our house has when the furnace first starts to run (not sure why...it's probably really dusty and unhealthy, but the smell is comforting to me).
14. Planning for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
15. Remembering past fall seasons.
16. Frost.
17. Pumpkins.
18. Mums.
19. Bales of straw and scarecrows and Halloween decorations.
20. The harvest moon.
21. Re-reading "Dancing at the Harvest Moon" (which I do every fall!)
22. My birthday, which I share with my BFF!
23. Thoughts of New England (where I will be going for a long weekend in September with aforementioned BFF to visit this amazing writer!)
24. Bonfires.
25. Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.

I'm sure there are more things I could list, because I totally love fall. It is my favorite season of the year. Me + fall = true love. I heart fall!

1 comment:

Kathryn Johnson said...

Ooo, your post made my heart happy! Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year...I can't wait!