Saturday, January 24, 2009

Shout out...

...to my first-born, who made his appearance in this world at 12:57 a.m. exactly twenty-three years ago. (I swear he'd still be in there if he hadn't been evicted, first by induction, then 17 1/2 hours later by c-section!) My baby is now an adult. He's a husband and a dad. And he's a Marine, who is slated to deploy to Afghanistan within the next month or two. I can't wait to see him next month when he has leave before he goes. It's been a crazy, adventurous life with that boy in a lot of ways, but I love him beyond words. And while I know it's unlikely he'll be reading this, I just have to put this out there.

Happy birthday, my dear son! You bring my heart joy. I love you so. 

2 comments:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

Awww, happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you both and all the best for him in Afghanistan...