Friday, August 14, 2009

Whirlwind...

Life, since my last entry, has seemed like a whirlwind! This month is flying by, and I'm trying to make the most of what is left of summer.

I've been knitting, getting caught up on this year's charity hats, but I've also been making progress on my brown Plath cardi, which will hopefully be done in time for me to wear tomorrow night to my 25th high school reunion!

Yep...25 years. Crazy, eh? I'm really looking forward to it, though. I haven't been to one since our 5th, and everyone is still pretty much who they were in high school at that point. Anyway, should be fun!

And then on Saturday morning, the kids and I are hopping on a plane to Chicago for one of my patented spur-of-the-moment travel urge trips. I've never been to Chicago, other than to fly through. There are ton of cool things to do and see there. I found a great last-minute travel deal on Travelocity, and so...off we go! We'll also be celebrating the girlie's 13th birthday while there. Only bummer is that Kevin can't take time off work to come with us. :(

The following weekend, I'll be heading east to cheer on a couple friends from the gym at their kickboxing fights. The week after that, I'll be go to Youngstown to watch the WEC fights with some of those same people. Lots of fun stuff going on!

At some point, I'll get caught up with pictures and stuff here. For now, I'm just trying to get everything out of summer that I can. Hopefully you're enjoying these last few weeks of summer, too!

1 comment:

pdxknitterati/MicheleLB said...

It's been a long short summer, and it's getting away from us! Have fun in Chicago. I've only been there once, but we had a blast.